How old are we?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moving right along

Kitt: I am out of preemie diapers now and into the newborn size! Mommy says my legs are getting chubby....that's certainly a good sign when you only weighed 3 pounds at birth! My feedings got upped to 45 cc of milk each time. Mommy gave me one bottle today and I finished it all. The nurse will do the other one tonight. Mommy came to visit twice, Daddy came in the late afternoon and they are both going to come back later tonight to give us our baths. We will also put some pictures up then, too.

Garet: Mommy gave me one bottle today, and I took it all! I am getting 37 cc of milk. I also got taken off my caffeine today which means I don't need help stimulating my lungs anymore. Most of the day my oxygen cannula was in my mouth. Mommy pointed that out to the doctor as if to say that I don't need it, but he said it will need to stay in for a few more days. Maybe then I can get this thing out of my nose. Mommy and Daddy are going to come again tonight to give me my bath, too, so we will have new weights when they come home and also some pictures.

Until later.....

It's later now. Kitt weighs 5 pounds, 2.4 ounces and Garet weighs 4 pounds, 2.1 ounces!!!! We are our mother's daughters! We've also decided that Mommy is going to give us all our bottles as we didn't do so well with the nurses. We'll see how the new plan works for us tomorrow.






5 comments:

  1. You're doing great girls and make sure Dr. Mommy keeps that oxygen cannula right where it needs to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,
    I really have been enjoying your girl's blog. I can see them grow day by day. They seem to be gaining weight and progressing well. At this rate they will be home soon. I am sure that Grandma Jean will be there for the big day! I keep the people on the FL and OH prayer chains updated regularly so they continue to pray for Kit and Garet. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work, girls. I'm seeing changes everyday. We're all so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice weigh-ins, girls! How sweet that you want your bottles from Mommy. Soon you'll be getting the tubes out and coming home. I can sense it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for good baby weights! brittany, i noticed that their combined weight is exactly what andrew weighed when he was born - OMG!!

    they are doing so well and you are staying so positive. please know that you're in all our prayers, every day.

    ReplyDelete