How old are we?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

We're both at 4 bottles

Kitt: Despite not really finishing all my bottles today the nurse convinced the doctor to let me try 4 bottles per day. She seems to think having to take a bottle every other feeding with a rest time in between (tube feeding) will help me get in the habit of having to work for my food. I did well with them for the most part. We will see how it goes the next couple of days. I am up to 6 pounds, 13 ounces now!

Garet: I am still at 4 bottles per day but I did not totally finish any of them today. The nurse said it is because I did not rest much yesterday and spent too much time wide awake. Everyone hopes she is right and that I will do better now that I am getting into the routine. I weigh 6 pounds, 3 ounces now. Mommy says babies as big as us need to be at home!

Granny and Grandpa came by to tell us goodbye. We will miss seeing them but Granny says she will come back as soon as we come home. She hopes it is soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you girls are so close to the finish line, I can almost see you leaving the hospital. It's been a very long two months, especially for your Mommy and Daddy. Please keep taking your bottles so you can also get rid of those tubes.

    Little Christmas is on Jan. 6th, girls. I know in my heart that you will be home before then.

    ReplyDelete