How old are we?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Staying the course

Mommy updated the map showing where so many people are sending well wishes and prayers our way. There are also people in Afghanistan, Swaziland and Egypt, too, but Mommy couldn't figure out how to show that on the map. Anyway, here is the updated link:
http://www.batchgeocode.com/map/?i=49ace3bcd9b213cf462cf0dfac10079f

Garet: My weight last night was 4 pounds, 8.3 ounces, and I am 18 inches long. I did a good bit of my first bottle for the nurse today, too and hadn't had my second bottle when Mommy and Daddy were here. Mommy read me two stories today while I was eating and Grammy also came to visit us again today. I got my last dose of Vitamin D today so now the ONLY medicine I get is iron and that's just something they do for all preemies. I am still trying to figure out the bottles, but I know it will be soon!




Kitt: Today was a good day mainly because I got my IV taken out. It is so nice to have my arm back again! My weight last night was 5 pounds, 8.7 ounces, and I am 17 3/4 inches long. The nurse who was with me today gave me most of my first bottle without a problem but I did not drink very much from the second. We will try again tomorrow. One day the light bulb is going to come on, and I will know exactly what to do! I have still been having problems with some reflux issues so we have decided that until I grow out of it no one will hold me while I'm eating. See how much better my eye looks?




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful baby girls!!!!! So sweet! Are you two doing ok?? Need anything??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! She is so happy! I just can hardly wait to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would want to be held while eating either Kitt. Glad that you are getting better at it. Now Garet is taller than you so be careful that you learn that bottle quickly!

    Garet, yeah to less medicine to have to take. The iron is a great thing. You may even get to have that at home.
    You both look so cute with your Dr.Seuss blankets. I love to know that mommy is reading to you when they are able to visit.

    ReplyDelete